Sunday, 10 May 2015

Playing in my journal part two ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope you’re weekend is going well.  Here is the second page that I’ve created in my journal this past week …

 
Spring has sprung in Northamptonshire!
A final look

Created for me and these Challenges:


I used to go to art classes and I played with lush pastel sticks and pastel papers which have more grip/texture.  That’s the paper I regularly grab to mop up excess ink and water.  I used my Splodgeaway Steampunk clock stencil again and my pastel sticks over the top of the inky mop up sheet.  You can see yellow, orange and pink spray as well as where I added colour through the stencil.  The pastel sticks are okay and I have found through experimenting and luck that if you spray water or ink over the top of them the colours stick better and stay more colourful.  So after I removed the stencil I sprayed a mica and ink mix over the sheet and left it to dry.

Once dry I put the stencil back into position and applied embossing paste to the top half only.  I didn’t want to complete cover the colour from the inks and pastel sticks.  I randomly added some glitter and again left it to dry.  I stamped and embossed the bird onto a snippet of heavily painted canvas paper and the butterfly onto a parchment paper snippet that had been sprayed purple with ink.  I wanted this journal page to have at least four different textures, some stencilling that I have only really just started to really get into, sparkle (these are my pages), fresh and spring like coloured pages and images.  My journal pages are always about what I love to create and do.  Because I love spring time I use brighter colours, textures and stamps lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do today  ttfn Karen x





Tools
Stamp: Visible Image: small butterfly stamp; Revolution stamp set: script stamp
Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds stamp set
Stencil: Splodgeaway 8” square Steampunk Clock stencil *
Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; pallette knife; spray bottles for ink

Stash
Card Paper: snippets card, paper and vellum for stamping, stencilling and experimenting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Faber-Castell soft pastels #; Faber-Castell Aquarelles watercolour pencils; Dreamweaver Embossing Paste: Copper #
WOW EP: WC05 metallic silver EP; The Works acrylic paints; glitter #
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue


# VOS: 5 years minimum old and no idea if still available to purchased or where from

* I won this mask from another blogger and have checked Splodgeaway On-Line shop and it doesn't appear to be available any more

9 comments:

massofhair said...

Beautiful use of sprays, fab colours and textures Karen. Wonderful pages:-) xxx

SARN said...

WOW - love this page . . . even more than Pt 1 . . . which looked good too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow, this is fabulous Karen!! Too bad about the discontinued stencil, because the design is wonderful! Love the texture you created and your colours are so bold and beautiful! Love it! hugs :)

PaperArtsy Rubber Stamps said...

Oh it's looking perfectly spring-like! I must. Rack on with my journal too! Very inspiring. Thx Karen!

rachel said...

this is wonderful Karen - I adore all the texture - and the colour is awesome - love the scribbly bird too - brilliant! Rachel x

Carol said...

Another wonderful page Karen. Gorgeous textures and colours. Carol x

Jaine Drake said...

Another beautiful piece of work. Thank you for joining in with our challenge at ASOI this time. I do like that bird.

Kath said...

Hi Karen...loving all the gorgeous colours and textures on this work of art...thanks for joining in the fun at Inspiration Journal...hugs kath xxx

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Gorgeous art journal spread! I love that steampunk look! Thanks so much for joining us at The Artistic Stamper Monthly Challenge.