Sunday, 5 April 2015

Let's Craft & Create Design Team, lots of photographs ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  Today I have a card to share with you that I created as a member of the Let’s Craft & Create Challenge!
Eileen, original Let’s Craft & Create Design Team member, asked if I would like to be on the newly revived Let’s Craft & Create Challenge Design Team!
I had to check out what was required and after thinking about it for, um, for, well, a whole five minutes, lol, I accepted!  I am one very happy and chuffed crafter and I’ve lots of new friends and team mates too!  
I wanted to create something extra special for our first challenge and I just happened to need something extra special for my brother and his partner.  They have moved and are more than an hour away from us; it did make me a lot sad but its right for them.  So I wanted to create something extra special for them, extra special for the new DT and something that would fit what I am creating and doing these days.  I am very, very lucky because my baby brother has grown up to be a wonderful young man.  Both Luke and Bethan have done a lot for us physically, especially over the last couple of months and in many other ways too and we are hoping to be able to visit them soon, back and joints permitting!  Anyways here is the card I created …

A lovely big 8" square card - which will be hand delivered 
This card has a lot of depth - thankfully I am hand delivering it 
I love it!
A final look!  I hope you all like it as much as I do!


I am lucky because this fits these Challenges:
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Ribbon
Mod Squad Challenge Bingo: Flowers/Butterflies; Die Cut or Punch; Dimension
Also fits Sponging – Embossing Powder – Patterned Paper (purchased)
Our Creative Corner Challenge Colour Your World
Scrap & Craft Challenge #6 Frame It: stencil & paint creates a frame for the garland

We have sponsors and some of the DT will donate new stash they've not used so there will be proper prizes too.  If you are interested in what the rest of my lovely new teammies have created here is the link to Let’s Craft & Create Challenge and here are the blogs and links of my team mates:

My Craft Creations my lovely boss aka Eileen
My Crafting Corner aka Ursula
Prendre le temps ... aka Maryvonne
My Crafty Outlook aka Hazel
Ameera Crafts aka Mary
Ammarisart aka Catherine
   
Our challenges are going live on the 5th of each month and you have until the end of the month to enter.  All the details and updated rules are here So why don’t you come on over and play along with us because we have a lovely new challenge to start off with.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this lovely Easter weekend  ttfn Karen x






Tools:
Visible Image small Butterfly stamp

Tando Creative Sequin Waste stencil (thank you Tando Creative Challenge blog): I love it!

Heat gun; pallette knife; pot of water; paintbrushes; Ranger Cut N Dry foam (for sponging the paint through the stencil)


Stash:
Crafters Companion Online Shop: Craft UK 8” x 8” card base
Craftwork Cards DP pad (huge thank you to my ‘should be my crafty sister from a different mum Helen) #
parchment paper #

Colours:
The Works white acrylic paint
Dee Gruenig Inkability purple ink #
Pebeo Deco Matt Acrylic paint: #106 blueberry
Sakura Pens: sparkle purple; gloss brown #
WOW Glitter EP: black twinkle

Embellishments:
Ribbons (thank you Hazel); self adhesive gems and pearls
Wild Orchid Crafts: white cherry blossoms; white sweetheart blossoms; white and pink mixed blooms; pearl stamens
Craftwork Cards: die cut flowers #; heart shaped create a garland #

Glues:
Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue; Stix 2 glue gun (thank you Brenda!)

# I have checked and these items are no longer available at Craftwork Cards so I assume they must be 3 + years old.  
The Sakura pens and parchment paper has been in my stash for at least five years lol!
The Dee Gruenig Inkability inks are a lot older + 10 years?

22 comments:

Ameera Craft said...

Beautiful card Karen!
Great start :)
x

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

A very Very beautiful card Karen , I Love your color palette !
Have a Nice Day !

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, what a wonderful card for your Brother and his partner! I would want to hang it on the wall - it is so beautiful! I love the butterflies! Thank you for joining the Butterfly Challenge! I like how you interpreted our C for Corners theme!

KT Fit Kitty
Guest Designer
Butterfly Challenge #27

Mrs A. said...

Karen I'm loving this too. Everything about your card is fabulous. As Kitty says I want to hang it up too!! Love those colours and the butterflies are gorgeous. Thankyou
for fluttering by 27. Hugs Mrs A.

Carol said...

This is beautiful Karen, so pretty. Love the colours, texture and dimension you've created. Carol x

Hazel said...

I absolutely love purple crafting creations and this one is stunning, Karen, and will be much loved by your brother and his partner. This is a perfect design inspiration for Let's Craft and Create xx

rachel said...

gorgeous work Karen - so much dimension! Congrats on your design team too! Hugs rachel x

Nicole Wright said...

Lovely card, full of layers! Thanks for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie.

massofhair said...

Such a stunning keepsake Karen! Loving your colour palette very much.

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on your DT position, you are a wonderful addition to their team. Enjoy the adventure :-) xxx

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful card! All the embellishment are gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Ammaris Art said...

Beautiful card Karen! So many lovely details!
Hugs, Catherine xxx

Cheryl W said...

This is amazing, Karen! You're a real artist!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design and flowers. Thanks for playing Tic Tack Toe at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog.

Kelly Deal said...

Beautiful card!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so beautiful, Thank you for joining in with us at Scrap & Craft this time, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Evie said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge.

Hugs, Evie

Laurie Moore said...

Beautiful techniques used on this project. Thank you for entering it in our challenge at Our Creative Corner. Happy Spring! xxx Laurie

Buttons said...

This is such a fantastic card Karen! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Pamellia Johnson said...

So beautiful, I love all your shades of purple and those butterflies are gorgeous!! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Put a Ribbon on it' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Margot-craftcorner said...

Beautiful card :) thank you so much for plying with us at Scrap & Craft
Margot DT xx

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

This is such a beautiful card ! I am happy you played with us at The Artistic Stamper this month !

Trish Latimer said...

Great project! Thank you so much for playing along with the Colour Your World challenge at Our Creative Corner! xxx